This weekend finds me making a baby blanket for a customer. I just love babies and all the things that you can create for them. The customer wanted the blanket to have raised roses on it so I had to do some research on how to make the roses. I ran across this pattern and loved the way it looked. The pattern is a square so that was a plus to me. Here is a picture of what the original square looks like.
You can find the pattern here: http://web.archive.org/web/20010710001210/members.aol.com/lffunt/irishrose.htm
I loved the way the square looked and thought it would make a beautiful blanket. I of course made one square and then decided I wanted to use only part of the pattern and do my own thing. Which by the way is not unusual for me.
I decided to take the square through the to round 7 and then dc a V stitch around behind the leaves. On the next round I made loops all the way around, next round was hdc V stitch in the loops all around, last round I went behind the hdc in the loops below and dc all around.
I did not want to have the whole blanket be of the rose square so I did up a plain square by using the first 2 rounds of the pattern. On each petal of the flower I then proceeded to make it into a granny square with dc. The next round was done all the way around in dc, next round was done in loops all around, in the loops for the next round I did hdc V stitch around, the last round I did with hdc around.
As you can see I started to sew the blanket together and I do believe it is going to be what the customer wanted. After I get everything sewn together I am planning on putting a border around the whole blanket. When I am finished with the blanket I will post an updated picture.
Thanks for stopping by to see what has been on my creative agenda! Hope you all are having a Fantastic Weekend!