I started this project with a picture I had found of a vest I liked on Pinterest. I loved the way it looked and thought I would love to have one of those. I went to the site where it had been posted and it was not in English so even with the translation I was unable to get much from it for a pattern in words. The pictures on the other hand were a good start. If you want to check out the site just click this link Hobilerim ve ben: Hanım dilendi bey beğendi motifinden bolero.
Well I looked at the pictures and thought all right you can do this. To start out with made a granny square with a size J hook. The yarn I used was Red Heart Super Saver. For the granny square I chained 5, sl st tog and then I did the normal granny square for 7 rnds. Below you will see how I started my version of the vest. I will explain what I did and hope you understand it 🙂
After I finished the granny square I went to the corner attached the yarn and chained 50 then attached it to the other corner on the same side then fastened off. I then proceeded to do the same for the other side.
Rnd 1 From there I attached the yarn in the corner of the granny square in the ch 2 sp and made a shell of chained 3 which consists of the 1st dc in the shell then (2 dc, ch1, 3 dc) then I went to the ch 1 sp of the granny square and then 1 dc, the next ch 1 sp of the granny square made another shell of ( 3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) and continued that sequence until I got the corner of the granny square. Once I got to the chain I skipped 3 chains and then made a shell of (3 dc, ch 1, 3 dc) in the next chain. You would skip 3 chains and do 1 dc in next chain. I continued that around to the corner of the granny square and do the same as the other side of the granny square. I continued the pattern of shells and 1 dc around the chain. I attached with a sl st to the beg chain of the shell.
Rnd 2 I sl st to the ch 1 sp in the shell and ch 3 and continued to make another shell in the ch 1 sp. Next I put 2 dc on top of the dc in the rnd below. Went to the next shell and in the ch 1 sp made another shell, next st was on top of the dc from the rnd below and did just 1 dc. I continued in this sequence around alternating the 2 dc and 1 dc on top of the other dc from the rnd below. This was the way I ended up increasing around.
Rnd 3 I increased by doing 2 dc in between the 2 dc in rnd below and then 2 dc on top of the 1 dc from the rnd below. The shells are always placed in the ch 1 sp of the shell below.
Rnd 4 I did not increase I just followed the same with the shells and the 2 dc in between the 2 dc from rnd below
Rnd 5 I repeated rnd 4
From there I just have increased in the same manner as above with adding 3 dc instead of the 2 in between the shells.
Below are a couple of pictures of what I have done so far.
As you can see this is still a work in progress. I think it is coming together nicely! If you have any questions on what I have done please contact me. I will answer them as best as I can.
Thanks as always for stopping by and taking a look!